2013-08-08

A leopard gets it's spots!

This is my bike.

My dad bought it for my mom about 40 years ago on second hand so I am guessing it's probably around 50 years old by now. I remember riding on it in an orange bicycle seat behind my mother when I was little, then when I got older it was passed on to me. I have been on many adventures with it during the last 15 years. But lately it has been looking a little ruff around the edges...

In some places the black paint had started to fall off

and other parts had started to rust.

A few dents here and there,

and the old tires, that had seen their better days, had to go,

because we still have a long way to go!

I love the feeling when you open a brand new bucket of paint. It is not very different from when you open a brand new jar of marmelade (that too is a lovely feeling) only you can do so much more with paint than with marmalade! Anyway,

I started painting and painting. I had planned to get it all done in a couple of days, but of course that was a bit too optimistic. 

After about 6-7 coats of paint (and about as many weeks),


the spots came on.

I covered the rust with silver lacquer,



and painted a couple of the parts that used to be silver, black. 

And about the same time as the summer went from rainy grey to sunny yellow - a leopard had gotten it's spots!


Hope you are all out enjoying the rainy and the sunny days! ^.^

2 kommentarer: