2013-02-14

Leftovers

I have been in a paper-bubble for the last couple of days building illustrations. I can't show them just yet, but here are some things that i found in the mountains of paper shreds. I always get a lot of leftovers because I'm kind of bad at estimating the size of things and sometimes have to make two or three different versions of something before i get it right (very effective haha). And on top of that I usually end up making some other unnecessary stuff (fluff) just to keep from getting to the hard part. But most of all I think it is because I like the doing-part so much, maybe even more then the finishing.

Chairs. One was too small, the other too big.
Face with the wrong expression.
Stethoscopes size small, medium and large. Can you ever have too many?
Weird baby-size men that I can't really remember making now.
And a last minute bag of flowers that was actually just perfect. 

I'll show you later, what became of it all!

3 kommentarer:

  1. So exciting to hear and see your process, Malin.

    You are the first person I've heard who describes the "avoidance" tactics I thought I'd invented! HA!

    SvaraRadera
  2. what magical leftovers!
    i look forward to seeing what you have been working on.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Thank you both, for reading and for leaving such lovely comments! Haha, Shelley I am happy to hear that I'm not alone in that department. Let's decide that it is somehow a very important part of the process!

    SvaraRadera